Become a leader in urban schools and communities
Master of Education - Urban Educational Leadership (36 credits)
Prepare for your career as a principal, curriculum director, education supervisor and more while acquiring online a certificate for school administration or a master of urban educational leadership program.
During your studies, you'll focus on the impacts of race, culture and equity and how to best navigate these subjects within the education system. This program is designed to train the change agents of tomorrow through practical applications and an internship in partnership with the Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principal Association. We're proud to have our program curriculum aligned with the National Professional Standards for Educational Leaders as well as the Michigan Standards for Preparation of Central Office and Building Administrators.
We invite you to be a leader in the urban education learning environment.
Which class should I take? When should I take it?
See our Recommended Program Sequences:
Foundations Of Urban Educational Leadership
|UEDU656||Education and the Law||3|
|UEDU710||Race, Culture, & Equity||3|
|UEDU735||Leading & Managing Urban Sch||3|
Business Essentials for Urban Schools and District Administrators
|UEDU744||Human Capital Management||3|
|UEDU753||Stratgc Imprvmnt Urbn Sch/Dist||3|
Instructional Core Transformation Strategies
|UEDU796||Transfrmtn & Mgmt - Instr Core||3|
|UEDU778||Advanced Instructional Strateg||3|
|UEDU788||Culturally Responsv Instructn||3|
|UEDU791||Managing Partnership Develpmt||3|
- Fill out the Davenport Application for Admissions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or above with a 3.0 GPA and pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Basic Skills exam as well as a subject area competency exam.
- Two (2) signed professional recommendation forms and one personal recommendation form are required.
- A current resume/CV must be submitted and it should include prior employment experience, educational background, and any organizational affiliations.
- Statement of purpose (refer to the statement of purpose form in the admission packet).
- Participate in an interview with the College of Urban Education (CUE) Admission Committee - to be scheduled by Davenport upon submission of the completed application.